Make A Difference: Get Involved
UCP of Berkshire County has exciting volunteer opportunities for individuals of all ages: from school-age students to adults. Volunteering at one of our many events or with The Berkshire Talking Chronicle are just a couple of the many volunteer opportunities we have available.
Marketing and Development Intern
This internship will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to grow and build a foundation in the marketing and development field by having direct impact on the productivity and organization of the department. Candidates will assist in numerous and varied projects including assisting in the planning of special events, conducting research, managing administrative projects, and content creation for marketing channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update addresses, phone numbers and emails in donor database
- Track, update and maintain marketing materials for internal and external distribution
- Draft e‐newsletter and website articles, as well as social media content; may include interviewing staff, attending events, taking photos
- Manage various large‐scale administrative projects; developing electronic and physical filing systems, coordination of large mailings
- Contribute to departmental workflow creation
- Exercise good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors, and staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High-school graduate, some college with interest in non‐profit development, marketing and communications with energy, creativity and excellent attention to detail
- Superior oral, written, presentation and phone communication skills
- Strong computer skills and some knowledge of fundraising and communications software: Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher; Adobe Photoshop, InDesign; Constant Contact; WordPress
- Must be able to function well in group and team settings, as well as independently
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform effectively and expeditiously under tight deadlines
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity
- Must be able to pass background check
UCP of Western MA is an equal opportunity employer.